January 24, 2023
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Venue: Denton Police Department
08:00 am – 05:00 pm
Select Number of Attendees You’d Like to Register
This course is rooted in our foundational belief that quality training should offer realistic, practical and immediately applicable tools for those who work in one of the most stressful and dangerous professions on the planet.
– Calibre Press</p style=”font-size: medium;”>
Officer Safety for Corrections is a one-day course designed to address the realities of working in a jail or correctional environment and enhance officer safety. Rooted in our foundational belief that quality training should offer realistic, practical and immediately applicable tools for those who work in one of the most stressful and dangerous professions on the planet, the goal of this class is simple:
1. Provide elite training, from the newest officer to the seasoned professional and administrators.
2. Arm officers with techniques to help understand their environment, be constantly aware of their surroundings and solve the problems they are faced with on a daily basis.
3. Enhance the skills of the officer to control the irrational, work with the mentally ill or those in a medical crisis, and understand the subtle, non-verbal cues that identify signs of pre-attack.
4. Prepare officers to win force encounters, in the cell and in court. Review physiological responses and how it affects our ability to make effective decisions under stress. We will examine critical incidents and lessons learned from them.
This course is constantly evolving, incorporating current events and relevant supporting material that meet the needs of today’s Jail Deputies and Corrections Officers and facility Administrators. During this dynamic and entertaining seminar, participants will discuss and learn about the following:
This class is a crash course in contemporary leadership skills and traits. It’s essential to those interested in learning… and great to those currently leading.
Officer Rivera, Salinas PD, CA