This course identifies the essential characteristics and skills necessary to improve the performance of new police officers. It also enhances your training program, regardless of the model you’re using, and propels your training officers to a higher level of excellence. Training officers will leave with the tools to train essential skills that are frequently not taught in basic FTO curriculum. The course is designed with the backing of more than 50 empirical resources and collaboration from leading Subject Matter Experts throughout North America.
Rooted in our foundational belief that quality training should provide evidence-based, practical, and immediately applicable tools for officer safety, the goals of this class are simple:
- To identify the essential characteristics and skills necessary for improving the performance of new police officers, with an emphasis on decision making under stress and officer safety.
- To teach a new way of providing feedback that breaks with traditional feedback models and has been proven to increase human performance.
- To provide the tools to train officers in essential skills that are frequently not taught in basic academy curriculum.
Seasoned FTO trainer & national Calibre Press Instructor Sgt. Jon Davis will help you:
- Evaluate the dynamics and unique nuances of today’s traffic stops.
- Understanding the biological, psychological and emotional impact of stress and prepare officers to manage it.
- Learn the truth about the “adult learning theory” and explore the three primary approaches to learning that really do work for adults
- Take an intense & focused walk through the 5 steps of a stop and spotlight the key tactical elements of each.
- Learn the street-proven tips that increase your officers’ odds of executing tactically sound, thoroughly controlled stops.
PLUS, you’ll walk away with complete training scenarios!
These comprehensive and impactful scenarios are designed to evaluate an officer’s ability to make complex force decisions in a realistic setting under stress.
Each scenario includes:
- Learning objectives
- Step-by-step instructions for setting up and conducting each event
- Recommendations on scenario duration
- After-action debriefing guidance
…all ready for immediate use!