This course identifies the essential characteristics and skills necessary for improving the performance of new police officers. It also enhances training, regardless of what model you’re using, it’s guaranteed to excel your training officers to a higher level. Training officers will leave with the tools to train essential skills that are frequently not taught in basic FTO curriculum. The course is designed from more than 50 empirical resources and collaboration from Subject Matter Experts (SME’s) throughout North America.
Rooted in our foundational belief that quality training should provide evidence-based, practical, and immediately applicable tools for officer safety, the goals of this class are simple:
- To identify the essential characteristics and skills necessary for improving the performance of new police officers, with an emphasis on decision making under stress and officer safety.
- To teach a new way of providing feedback that breaks with traditional feedback models and has been proven to increase human performance.
- To provide the tools to train officers in essential skills that are frequently not taught in basic academy curriculum.
This course is constantly evolving, incorporating current events and relevant supporting material that meet the professional needs of Law Enforcement. During this dynamic and entertaining seminar, participants will discuss and learn (but not be limited to) the following:
- Understanding Characteristics of a Successful Training Officer
- The Science of Human Performance
- Vehicle Stop Tactics
- Generational Training
- Y and Millennials
- De-escalation techniques
- Officer Safety Principles
- Tips & Techniques for Providing Effective Feedback
- Criminal Interdiction Tactics
- Modeling the Professional Image
- Current Legal Trends
- Characteristics of Armed Individuals