Tactical Leadership addresses the skills necessary to establish a cohesive and forward thinking team and ready them for success on the street. In addition, videos of actual critical incidents will be viewed, analyzed and discussed in order to develop a workable understanding of how to manage an event to a successful conclusion.
Upon completion of the course, students will be able to do the following:
- Apply leadership skills to address common officer issues.
- Open Forum Discussions: Pre-Mortem Strategies.
- Communicate effectively within the team.
- Identify the essential components necessary for supervisory success in the field.
- Understand the importance of the supervisor’s role in maintaining discipline and the prevention of corrupt practices and police misconduct.
- Act and decide effectively during critical incidents.
- Apply policies, procedures, and tactical skills to resolve major police events.