Today’s Street Survival® Seminar addresses law enforcement as the multi-faceted profession it has become. Rather than limiting our focus to just surviving deadly threats, we also discuss the need to prepare officers for making sound, legal and reasonable decisions under stress in order to preserve the lives of citizens as well as their own.
The foundation of this program is understanding and training realistically for stress events. From driving too fast and using unwarranted amounts of force to ineffective communication and the inability to decompress off-duty, the seminar emphasizes the need to understand and manage stress as the key to professional and personal success.
Street Survival is presented in a one-day, live and interactive online format, as well as the legendary two-day seminar.
Finally, the Seminar emphasizes the need to understand people and communicate effectively as they embrace the role of civilian peace officers.
The Seminar topics will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Officer Safety: Knowing “The Fatal Four”
- The Science of Force & Stress: The Latest Research
- Roadway Dangers & Responsibilities: Why are Cops Still Dying on Roadways?
- Attack Signals: What to Look For
- When Things Go Sideways: Gaining Verbal, Physical and Psychological Control
- Approach Tactics: People, Vehicles & Buildings
- Tactics for Criminal Patrol: Don’t Miss the Signs
- Policing in a Post George Floyd Era
- Off-Duty Survival: You and Your Family