Mar 08, 2021
09:00 am – 04:00 pm
VenueCalibrePLUS Online Training Live Online, secure.calibrepress.com (630) 941-0900
Today’s Street Survival® Seminar addresses law enforcement as the multi-faceted profession it has become.
This Six (6) Hour course is based on the iconic course that revolutionized law enforcement training four decades ago, today’s Street Survival® blends the foundational officer safety & survival principles that drew mass popularity and saved countless officers’ lives nationwide with the unique, multi-faceted challenges the profession faces today. Rather than limiting focus strictly to surviving deadly threats, this updated and expanded program also discusses the need to prepare officers for making sound, legal and reasonable decisions under stress in order to preserve the lives of citizens as well as their own.
A core element of this updated program is to help officers understand, manage and appropriately leverage stress, which studies have shown impacts a wide range of officer performance areas, including driving, communicating, overall decision-making and utilization of force to effectively decompress after high stress encounters and on a daily basis.
This Live, Online and Interaction course focuses on…
• Confronting Dynamics; physical, verbal and psychological
• Is stress impacting your performance more than you know?
• Roadside risks and practical strategies for safe performance on roadways.
• A Modern Perspective for Peace Officers in the Post George Floyd Era
• Reading People: Detecting Danger Cues & PreAttack
• The Role of Civilian Peace Officers as Guardians of Democracy
• Street Survival Tactics: When you have to go hands on
• Approach Tactics: People, Vehicles, Buildings
• Tactics for Criminal Patrol; increasing your effectiveness in surfacing all types of contraband.
• Physical & Emotional Health Statistics: Realities & Solutions