This is a dynamic, interactive 3-hour CalibrePLUS live-online training course delivered via Webex©
Given the current societal climate and the accelerated exodus of officers from the profession, the opportunity for promotion is at an all-time high for female enforcers.
This course is designed to offer expert guidance in every aspect of the promotional process. Promotional Strategies will focus on preparing your resume and obtaining effective study material, to in-depth insight into the interview process and improving your overall presence during face to face interactions.
In dynamic fashion and with an eye on the goal, Cyndy shares powerful tips, gained from first-hand experience, to give aspiring police leaders the edge they need to effectively prepare for peak performance during every stage of the promotional process.
This powerfully effective course is instructed by retired Deputy Chief Cyndy Velazquez, a graduate of the Northwestern University School of Staff and Command who holds a Master’s Degree in Organizational Behavior and a Bachelor’s Degree in Law Enforcement Administration.
Students will learn to:
- Follow Cyndy’s step-by-step guidance to fully prepare for the physical, emotional, academic and professional rigors of pursuing a promotion.
- Leverage statements and power phrases that bolster your background, education & experience.
- Understand that your overall body language can reflect confidence, control, and leadership ability…without saying a word.
- Strategically evaluate your appearance, including clothing choices, grooming and overall style, to make a strong impression…and avoid giving the wrong one.
- Examine the difference between internal & external interviewers/assessors so you can better understand how you will be rated.
- Discover how posture, demeanor, speech patterns and tone can work together to reflect an image of strength, knowledge and success.
- Prepare for success during the promotional interview process by getting an inside look at the range of topics covered and the types of questions asked.
- Benefit from priceless tips for building an opening statement that will help you immediately rise above the crowd of candidates.
- Know what to bring to the interview and how to address panel members.