This is a 2-hour CalibrePLUS online training course delivered via Webex©
This is not your average “body language” course. This extremely popular, hyper-focused program is packed with recent video footage capturing actual assaults on officers for the purpose of demonstrating the critical importance of identifying those subtle (and sometimes not so subtle) behaviors, statements and positions that can flag an impending attack.
Each incident spotlighted is thoroughly dissected in an understandable, step-by-step fashion to point out how and when indicators of all kinds can and do surface during every day interactions.
Calibre’s instructional approach is expertly designed to increase preparation, not paranoia, by utilizing scenarios that involve acutely alert officers who effectively spot and counter imminent and possibly fatal attacks.
Senior Calibre Press Instructor Lt. Kelly DeVoll (ret.) will teach officers:
- How to avoid the most common mistake officers make in rapidly unfolding encounters that cause them to completely miss even the most obvious attack cues.
- How to go beyond just reading “superficial” body language and learn to interpret subtle pre-attack signs involving the entire body…from the eyes to the feet.
- The critical principles of body balance and inherent physical synchronicity and revealing abnormalities every officer must watch for.
- 3 key indicators that consistently and reliably signal imminent attacks on officers.
- How to determine what to believe when a subject’s physical behavior and statements don’t jibe.
- The multiple motives behind subject scanning and what to do when you spot it.
- Specific things to watch for on traffic stops that can help you determine the safest approach.
- How to spot unconscious behavioral “leaks” that can help you predict an attack and act before it’s launched.