Designed for ALL levels of Leadership!
Police work is changing and the demands on law enforcement leaders and their officers are increasingly challenging and complex. How can you, as a police supervisor, refocus on the “new era” of policing while remembering the core reason most of us started: To serve, help and protect?
Chief Steve Johnson knows what those challenges are like. Throughout his prestigious career he has accepted many leadership positions. Through first-hand experience, he has developed and refined the characteristics that make a top leader successful…even in the most challenging atmospheres.
In this extremely timely, positively focused course, Chief Johnson will share practical strategies that will strengthen your leadership abilities, enhance departmental morale and arm you with a plan for professional and personal excellence in an atmosphere that’s increasingly focused on job survival.
In this full day program, Chief Johnson will show you:
• How you inspire good officers to stay in law enforcement, even in the midst of the today’s increasing social tensions.
• Attract qualified new recruits in that same atmosphere.
• How to take concrete steps that will strengthen your leadership skills and effectiveness while enhancing your overall level of professionalism.
• Methods for informing political decisions that impact your agency and law enforcement in general without becoming “political.”
• How you can reasonably implement and maintain minimum performance standards for your officers…something that may be more complicated than many expect.
• Create and maintain a strong sense of purpose, mission and accomplishment throughout your agency.